The kitchen is the most special corner of the house for me. I am a gourmet cuisine aficionado and own two restaurants in Houston. I am very passionate about cooking. Thus, the kitchen and its décor are of immense importance to me. Wherever I travel, I try to collect decorative ideas to ornate my cookhouse. We start our day with the family at the breakfast table, so the décor of the place should be very refreshing. Also, the décor of the place should uplift your dull mood after a hectic day. Hence, your cookshack designing needs your dedicated time and proper planning. Here are 3 interesting ways to stylize your cookshack:
- Explore Unconventional Cabinet Designs: To pep up your kitchen décor opt for custom cabinets. Houston is a popular city where you can check out retail outlets to get your cookhouse cupboards completely personalized. There are 3 types of cabinets available in the market. These are namely stock chests, semi-custom cabinets and customized cabinetry. Now, interior designers always suggest to choose customized one considering its multiple benefits. If the best woodworking brand is to be named, then it is always Wood-Mode Cabinets. Houston has ample of Wood-mode dealers. So getting your cookshack cupboards personalized from the brand is absolutely hassle-free. Wood-Mode offers various unconventional designs to configure your cabinets boxes, drawers, pantries and specialties. Explore those to select the ones which attract your attention. Check out roll-out closets, pull-out styles, turn-out cabinets, undercounter construction and more.
- Opt for Themed Décor: Wood-mode is reputed for its specialized themed kitchen décor ideas. Give your kitchen a distinctive look with themed designs. Themes are perfect to uplift the cookhouse styling. Explore an array of design themes at a Wood-mode store near you. Choose from a wide range of classic American themes, European designs and contemporary expressions.
- Embellish the Cupboards: Once your cupboards are installed opt for more detailing with conventional embellishments. You can go for corbels, crown moldings, valances, end panels, decorative legs, toe kicks and more. These are intricate works of art made of wooden chunks by skilled craftsmen to provide a distinctive décor. These feature exquisite designs and finesse. Thus, embellish the kitchen to make it look more glamorous.
Thus, these are the 3 most interesting ways to dress up your kitchen with Wood-Mode cabinets. Houston is indeed a vivacious city where there are several retail outlets of the reputed woodworking brand. Check out the ones near you to order customized designs for your kitchen.
I am a passionate interior designer by profession. Hence, people look up to my home décor for inspiration. I cannot compromise with it. Thus, I get the best things to dress up my home, especially the kitchen. My guests have always admired my cook-house. It has inspired many to design their cookshack. In all these years of my career, I have noticed, most clients, when they contact me, are confused about designing the kitchen. I believe it to be the heart of the home and people pay special attention to its functionality. How you design your kitchen determines its functionality! Thus, the décor is definitely the most important part. Your cook-house should be decked in such a way that it has enough storage capacity to let you organise all your kitchen appliances, tools and equipment. And, the best possible solution for this, is to install custom cabinets. Houston is a bustling city with plenty of stores showcasing personalised cabinetry. You can drop in to these brick-and-mortar retail outlets to gather an idea on how can you pep up your kitchen décor. There are various ways to embellish it. Here are a few suggestions by me to help you dress up your kitchen cupboards:
- Add corbels: Corbels are medium sized wooden chunks carved with intricate designs. These are highly attractive and provide an old-world charm to the décor. These are usually placed to support overhanging ledges. Often these are used as shelf brackets. Thus, corbels are fine pieces of art with a traditional appeal, designed to jazz up your cook-house.
- Add Backsplashes: Backsplashes are placed behind the cooktop to easily wipe off the grease spilled while cooking. At times, these are also placed behind the sink to clean up dirt spilled while cleaning. Now, there is a myriad of designs offered in backsplashes. You can choose the ones that perfectly suit your cookshack ornamentation. Tiles and mosaic are popular choices. These provide a glossy appeal to the area and are great decorative pieces to pep up the interiors.
- Opt for textured glass-door cabinets: It is always advised to opt for more than one material to construct your cabinets. Do not stick to wooden cabinets only since these may make your cookshack appear dull and gloomy. Instead, opt for glass doors for a particular line of cabinets. This helps to break the monotony of the décor and makes the place look bright and beautiful. Use textured glass for construction to provide your kitchen cabinets a distinctive embellishment.
Thus, these are the 3 most effective ways to embellish your kitchen’s custom cabinets. Houston is definitely the place to check out some the most attractive kitchen designs and accessories.
Wonderfully crafted custom cabinetry can totally change a kitchen interior. Whether you are starting your kitchen design from scratch or revamping an existing kitchen to improve its décor, custom cabinetmakers can work with you and help you design the décor, keeping note of your needs and budget.
Custom-built storage boxes come in a vast range of awesome shapes and breathtaking designs. As against stock cabinets or ready-made cabinetry, personalized cabinetry can be built to suit your specific needs and lifestyle. You can add your own personal touch to make these boxes very appealing and attractive. You can have umpteen options on finish, style, wood type and hardware, to ideally suit your overall home interiors. Mentioned below are some of the advantages which you can enjoy if you choose tailor-built cabinetry:
- Does Not Waste Space: You can capitalize on every inch of your kitchen area. Whenever you feel the need to use a specific kitchen space, you can ask your cabinetmaker to design a cabinetry for that specific area. This way, neither will you find the storage boxes becoming a misfit nor will you find them creating a space crunch.
- Ensures Brilliant Craftsmanship: Tailor-built or made-to-order storage units are solid and sturdy. They are designed by skilled craftsmen who use dovetail joints, mortise-and-tenons as well as dowels. As against storage units which are made with short-lived glues and nails, personalized boxes are built with top-notch materials that are meant to last really long.
- Allows Unlimited Alterations and Modifications: The best part about going for customized storage units is that you need not be restricted to just a few specific cabinet shapes or sizes. You can go for limitless modifications and changes, as per your needs. If you specifically want furniture feet, chamfering, corbels or turnings, consult with any cabinetmaker and go for fully customized cabinetry.
- Offers Environment-friendliness: Cabinets which are produced in mass are usually made with poor quality woods. Nevertheless, when you opt for a personalized cabinetry, you can be assured of the type of wood used. In fact, you can also choose the wood type yourself from varieties such as maple, oak, pine and alder. These woods are renewable, biodegradable, non-toxic and recyclable.
So, keeping a tab of the above-mentioned pointers, you can easily opt for an exclusively designed kitchen layout. At Houston, you will come across a large array of cabinet and appliance stores, which offer classic as well as modernistic cabinet designs and shapes, that too, at reasonable prices.
At times, I am in complete dismay while purchasing kitchen appliances. These are of course extravagant investments and I obviously don’t want to incur huge costs for non-utility kitchen tools. There are so many products in the market. Each product in turn has many models. This leads to confusion in a buyer’s mind. And, often, we are bewildered about what to buy. Though apparently there are no exact solutions to our dilemma, however, there are quite a few tried-and-tested methods which can help you overcome your doubts. As suggested by an interior designer friend of mine, check out the following 3 tips to help you buy the right kitchen gadgets:
- Research: This is the most effective way to guide you before purchasing kitchen equipment. Through research, you can critically analyze the products you want to buy rather than getting deceived by attractive television commercials. Research does not merely include surfing the Internet. Along with reading reviews on social media pages of popular brands, you can even consult your friends about the gadgets they use in their kitchen. It is always feasible to opt for renowned brands since they ensure excellent quality and impeccable services. People across the globe prefer Wolf Appliances since the brand features cutting edge technology and state-of-the-art utilities.
- Understand Your Requirement: Some of us are impulsive buyers. We get attracted to products and make huge investments on these without realizing our requirement. Sometimes, we buy things that have no use in our kitchen. These are just kept stacked in the cabinets for years without any use. Thus, it is important to understand what exactly you require. Maybe instead of a range oven you just need a microwave oven. Or, maybe you just need a built-in refrigeration instead of a dual refrigerator. Once you are aware of your requirement, jot it down. Carry the list along with you to the brick-and-mortar stores to keep a check on whatever you are going to purchase.
- Knowledge is Crucial: You may be still unaware about the mechanisms of some appliances you bought in the past. Often, we don’t know how to use certain products. Once you choose the models of the respective appliances you are going to buy, read the manuals carefully before purchasing or ask the sales person to guide you with it. Gather all necessary information about the chosen gadgets before you make the purchases.
Thus, these are the 3 most important guidelines you should remember before buying kitchen gadgets. The one brand you can absolutely trust is Wolf. Appliances from this brand have truly redefined kitchen functionality.